Re: What about SkyTools?

From: "Dmitry Koterov" <dmitry(at)koterov(dot)ru>
To: "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What about SkyTools?
Date: 2007-05-11 19:38:30
Lists: pgsql-general

Still looking for a possible (more simple) replacement for Slony in the
background.

1. Seems SkyTools does not have an utility to spread DDL changes among all
the replicas (like slonik does). So, if I want to ALTER TABLE, I have to run
this command manually on each node?

2. The architecture of the system is not clear enough. What daemon should
run in what machine? Seems we must have one PgQ daemon on each machine
(master and all slaves), but should we have a londiste daemon on each
machine too or not? (If yes, we have to care about londiste configs
synchronization on all replicas, which is not very handy.)

Seems SkyTools developed for static schemas only, without an ability to
modify the schema.
Am I wrong?