allow running parts of src/tools/msvc/ under not Windows

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: allow running parts of src/tools/msvc/ under not Windows
Date: 2020-02-13 11:00:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

When making build system changes that risk breaking the MSVC build
system, it's useful to be able to run the part of the MSVC build tools
that read the makefiles and produce the project files under a
not-Windows platform. This part does not really depend on anything
particular to Windows, so it's possible in principle. There are some
minor dependencies on Windows, however, that need to be worked around.
I have had some local hacks for that for a while, and I took a moment to
clean them up and make them presentable, so here they are. Interested?

To test, apply the patch and run perl src/tools/msvc/mkvcbuild.pl .

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-Allow-running-src-tools-msvc-mkvcbuild.pl-under-not-.patch text/plain 3.1 KB