From: "Drouvot, Bertrand" <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila16(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Ashutosh Sharma <ashu(dot)coek88(at)gmail(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Synchronizing slots from primary to standby
Date: 2023-06-19 06:02:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

On 6/16/23 11:56 AM, Amit Kapila wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 17, 2023 at 7:37 PM Drouvot, Bertrand
> <bertranddrouvot(dot)pg(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>>
>> Please find attached V5 (a rebase of V4 posted up-thread).
>>
>> In addition to the "rebasing" work, the TAP test adds a test about conflict handling (logical slot invalidation)
>> relying on the work done in the "Minimal logical decoding on standby" patch series.
>>
>> I did not look more at the patch (than what's was needed for the rebase) but plan to do so.
>>

> Are you still planning to continue working on this?

Yes, I think it would be great to have such a feature in core.

> Some miscellaneous
> comments while going through this patch are as follows?

Thanks! I'll look at them and will try to come back to you by
mid of next week.

Also I think we need to handle the case of invalidated replication slot(s): should
we drop/recreate it/them? (as the main goal is to have sync slot(s) on the standby).

Regards,

--
Bertrand Drouvot
PostgreSQL Contributors Team