Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask

From: David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Adam Brightwell <adam(dot)brightwell(at)crunchydata(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PATCH: Configurable file mode mask
Date: 2018-01-29 21:29:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 1/19/18 14:07, David Steele wrote:
>> I have yet to add tests for pg_rewindwal and pg_upgrade. pg_rewindwal
>> doesn't *have* any tests as far as I can tell and pg_upgrade has tests
>> in a shell script -- it's not clear how I would extend it or reuse the
>> Perl code for perm testing.
>>
>> Does anyone have suggestions on tests for pg_resetwal and pg_upgrade?
>> Should I start from scratch?
>
> A test suite for pg_resetwal would be nice.

Agreed.

> TAP tests for pg_upgrade will create problems with the build farm.
> There was a recent thread about that.

OK, that being the case I have piggy-backed on the current pg_upgrade
tests in the same way that --wal-segsize did.

There are now three patches:

1) 01-pgresetwal-test

Adds a *very* basic test suite for pg_resetwal. I was able to make this
utility core dump (floating point errors) pretty easily with empty or
malformed pg_control files so I focused on WAL reset functionality plus
the basic help/command tests that every utility has.

2) 02-mkdir

Converts mkdir() calls to MakeDirectoryDefaultPerm() if the original
call used default permissions.

3) 03-group

Allow group access on PGDATA. This includes backend changes, utility
changes (initdb, pg_ctl, pg_upgrade, etc.) and tests for each utility.

Regards,
--
-David
david(at)pgmasters(dot)net

Attachment Content-Type Size
group-access-v6-01-pgresetwal-test.patch text/plain 1.8 KB
group-access-v6-02-mkdir.patch text/plain 10.6 KB
group-access-v6-03-group.patch text/plain 44.6 KB