Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL Developers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Fabien COELHO <coelho(at)cri(dot)ensmp(dot)fr>
Subject: Re: psql - add SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option
Date: 2021-02-27 15:19:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 30.09.20 08:21, Michael Paquier wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 07:48:42AM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
>> Yes, indeed. I'm planning to investigate, hopefully this week.
>
> This reply was two months ago, and nothing has happened, so I have
> marked the patch as RwF.

Given the ongoing work on returning multiple result sets from stored
procedures[0], I went to dust off this patch.

Based on the feedback, I put back the titular SHOW_ALL_RESULTS option,
but set the default to on. I fixed the test failure in
013_crash_restart.pl. I also trimmed back the test changes a bit so
that the resulting test output changes are visible better. (We could
make those stylistic changes separately in another patch.) I'll put
this back into the commitfest for another look.

[0]:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/6e747f98-835f-2e05-cde5-86ee444a7140(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com

Attachment Content-Type Size
v10-0001-psql-Show-all-query-results-by-default.patch text/plain 40.0 KB