DDL trigger kind functionality in PostGreSQL

From: dipti shah <shahdipti1980(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: DDL trigger kind functionality in PostGreSQL
Date: 2010-02-18 04:55:13
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I was looking for SQL DDL trigger kind of functionality in PostGreSQL but
couldn;t find any. Could anyone please tell me how to achieve the similar
functionality in PostGreSQL. Basically I want to make sure that no users
should use "DROP" command directly on my database even though he/she owner
of table or any database object. I want users to use stored procedures
always to drop or alter the tables and any other database objects.

Any alternative way would be really helpful.

Thanks,
Dipti