Regarding facing lot of time Consumed by Socket.Poll()

From: keshav upadhyaya <ukeshav2009(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regarding facing lot of time Consumed by Socket.Poll()
Date: 2009-10-15 14:02:52
Lists: pgsql-novice pgsql-performance

Hi ,

In my project I use Nhibernate to connect to Postgres.
Currently it is very slow.

I have used *Yourkit* profiller to get some key informaitons.
In CPU profilling i have analyzed following things : -
Let me explain one by one : -

1- NHibernate.Impl.SessionImpl.DoLoad(Type, Object, Object, LockMode,
Boolean)

Takes lots of time .

2- Internally it calls thse function i am listing the last stack

NpgsqlConnector.Open()
Npgsql.NpgsqlConnectedState.Startup(NpgsqlConnector)
Npgsql.NpgsqlState.ProcessBackendResponses(NpgsqlConnector)
*[Wall Time] System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Poll(Int32, SelectMode)*

Finally in last the socket.poll takes most of the time .

I want to know the probably causes of the socket.poll() consumes allot of
time .

Please help me out to know the places why in DoLoad,DoLoadByClass and
Socket.Poll is taking lot of time .

What are the scenario in which it might be getting slow down , Which i need
to look .

--
Thanks,
Keshav Upadhyaya