Re: unique indexes on partitioned tables

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, Jesper Pedersen <jesper(dot)pedersen(at)redhat(dot)com>, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: unique indexes on partitioned tables
Date: 2018-02-14 03:58:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here is a mini-patch on top of yours to fix a few cosmetic things.

I don't understand the variable name "third". I don't see a "first" or
"second" nearby.

I find some of the columns in pg_constraint confusing. For a primary
key on a partitioned table, for the PK on the partition I get

conislocal = false, coninhcount = 1, connoinherit = true

The last part is confusing to me.

I don't know if that's really on this patch. But perhaps it could be
documented better.

Attachment Content-Type Size
0001-fixup-allow-indexes-on-partitioned-tables-to-be-uniq.patch text/plain 2.3 KB