Re: --enable-debug does not work with gcc

From: NikhilS <nikkhils(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Gavin Sherry" <swm(at)alcove(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: --enable-debug does not work with gcc
Date: 2007-02-02 08:54:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Indeed it does, apologies for not doing the entire groundwork. But what it
also does is that it adds -O2 by default for gcc even when --enable-debug is
specified. gdb is not able to navigate the stack traces properly with this
optimization in place. Especially tracing of static functions becomes
difficult. Has this issue been faced by anybody else? If so can try out a
patch to avoid using O2 with enable-debug.

Regards,
Nikhils