Microseconds granularity SIGALRM interrupt support

From: NikhilS <nikkhils(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Microseconds granularity SIGALRM interrupt support
Date: 2006-10-20 07:49:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Currently we have enable_sig_alarm() which provides millisecond level
granularity in specifying delay. I tried using it by just specifying nonzero
value for the timeval.it_value.tv_usec field before calling setitimer, but
didn't seem to work well.

Do we have any function in the postgres codebase which provides microseconds
level of delay coupled with SIGALRM support?

Regards,
Nikhils
All the world's a stage, and most of us are desperately unrehearsed.