Binary Postgresql Package

From: "Irwan Hadi" <iblist18(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Binary Postgresql Package
Date: 2008-12-12 07:27:10
Lists: pgsql-general

We are planning to use Postgres for one of our production database
system. I noticed when I go to http://www.postgresql.org/download/,
the one click binary package for Linux is actually an enterpriseDB
package (http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/pgdownload.do#linux-x64)
I also noticed that EnterpriseDB mentioned on
http://www.enterprisedb.com/products/purchase.do that this binary file
needs to be licensed if it is going to be used for production.

My question now is, is this binary package that is linked from
postgresql.org free to be used for production? Or do we need to
license it appropriately?

Thanks