Re: PostgreSQL passes MySQL for Freshmeat Downloads

From: "Jonathan Fuerth" <fuerth(at)sqlpower(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL passes MySQL for Freshmeat Downloads
Date: 2008-06-13 15:51:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 11:35 AM, Alvaro Herrera
> Jonathan Fuerth wrote:
>
>> I think a solution as simple as a script that scrapes the PostgreSQL
>> download site for the newest version (currently 8.3.3) and ensures
>> it's mentioned in the freshmeat entry (currently, it's not) and then
>> nags the people with access to edit the entry would be sufficient to
>> solve this problem.
>
> Now that's a useful suggestion.
>
>> I have no clout in this community, so I won't ask for access to edit
>> the freshmeat entry. But I would be happy to write and maintain the
>> script!
>
> Please do.

Sure! I already have the most important components worked out from
previous projects, so I should be able to get it up and running
tonight. How frequently and at what time(s) of day do you need to be
nagged for this solution to be effective? :)

-Jonathan