Re: Add semi-join pushdown to postgres_fdw

From: Pavel Luzanov <p(dot)luzanov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Alexander Korotkov <aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Alexander Pyhalov <a(dot)pyhalov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Tomas Vondra <tomas(dot)vondra(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, "Fujii(dot)Yuki(at)df(dot)MitsubishiElectric(dot)co(dot)jp" <Fujii(dot)Yuki(at)df(dot)mitsubishielectric(dot)co(dot)jp>, Ashutosh Bapat <ashutosh(dot)bapat(dot)oss(at)gmail(dot)com>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Ian Lawrence Barwick <barwick(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Add semi-join pushdown to postgres_fdw
Date: 2024-02-12 08:50:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi, Alexander!

On 12.02.2024 05:27, Alexander Korotkov wrote:
>> But the worst thing is that replacing AND with OR causes breaking session and server restart:
> I haven't managed to reproduce this yet. Could you give more details:
> machine, OS, compile options, backtrace?

We already had off-list conversation with Alexander Pyhalov.

Yesterday, after rebuilding the server, I can't reproduce the error.
I have good reason to believe that the problem was on my side.
On Friday, I tested another patch and built the server several times.
Most likely, I just made a mistake during the server build.

Sorry for the noise.

--
Pavel Luzanov
Postgres Professional:https://postgrespro.com