after gentoo emerge plpython failure

From: "Sim Zacks" <sim(at)compulab(dot)co(dot)il>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: after gentoo emerge plpython failure
Date: 2005-03-29 06:40:22
Lists: pgsql-general

I figured out the solution, but figured on sharing it for others who come up
with the same issue.
The solution was just to restart postgresql and it all started working.
Question for gentoo people -
Is it required to restart daemons, such as postgresql, after an emerge
world?

select version();
PostgreSQL 8.0.1 on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc
(GCC) 3.3.5 (Gentoo Linux 3.3.5-r1, ssp-3.3.2-3, pie-8.7.7.1)

I have a function in plpython that runs every night as a cron job and it has
been working since I installed PG 8.0.1. (for about 2 weeks now) Yesterday I
ran emerge world and my cron job failed that night with the following error.
I have also tried running the function from PgAdmin and I get the same
error.

I checked and the library still exists and the dates were all the original
dates.

ERROR: could not load library "/usr/lib/postgresql/plpython.so":
/lib/libpthread.so.0: symbol _h_errno, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file
libc.so.6 with link time reference