Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general

From: joseph_daniel_zukiger(at)yahoo(dot)com (Joseph Daniel Zukiger)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Important Info on comp.databases.postgresql.general
Date: 2004-11-09 02:11:11
Lists: pgsql-general

"Arthur L. Rubin" <ronnirubin(at)sprintmail(dot)com> wrote in message news:<418F7FD3(dot)156C(at)sprintmail(dot)com>...
> Rebecca Ore wrote:
>
> > Since they have traffic and are bidirectional, and since he doesn't have
> > any objections, it looks like creating the groups by fiat would work
> > just fine and avoid a lot of misinformed "but we didn't ask for this"
> > squabbling. Same as with the scrapbook group.
>
> It's NOT bidirectional, as I understand it. Posts to the newsgroup
> go to the mailing list IF the sender is subcribed -- otherwise, they
> go to the list owner for (possible) approval. If the list owner
> is willing to unmoderate the mailing list, it WOULD be bidirectional.

Marc says he's looking into the setup, to see if he can fix that. I
think his primary problem is that he wants to devote full time to
postgresql development. He's part of the core team, as I recall.

> So -- either the list owner must unmoderate the mailing list,
> or the groups must be moderated.

A moderationg policy of no SPAM should be sufficient, right?

> I see no reasonable third
> option. Under the circumstances, I'm not sure I'd accept
> Marc as moderator on the Usenet side.

Would a group of moderaters to help Marc carry the load be
appropriate? Or would it be preferable to not have Marc moderating
posts from usenet at all? (I'm thinking you mean the former.)

(Apologies for posting through Google.)

JDZ