Rename of triggers for partitioned tables

From: Arne Roland <A(dot)Roland(at)index(dot)de>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Rename of triggers for partitioned tables
Date: 2020-11-26 23:28:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I got too annoyed at building queries for gexec all the time. So wrote a patch to fix the issue that the rename of partitioned trigger doesn't affect children.

In case there isn't a dependent trigger with the same name on the child the function errors out. If the user touched the trigger of the child, it's not a sensitive idea to mess with it.

I'm not happy with the interface change in trigger.h. Yet I don't like the idea of creating another layer of indirection either.

Even though it's a small patch, there might be other things I'm missing, so I'd appreciate feedback.

Regards

Arne

Attachment Content-Type Size
recursive_tgrename.patch text/x-patch 7.2 KB
partitioned_tgrename.sql application/sql 597 bytes