Re: compact PostgreSQL

From: Shahbaz Javeed <sjaveed(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: yui(at)mariana(dot)u-aizu(dot)ac(dot)jp
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: compact PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-10-09 13:12:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Yui,

Perhaps what you need is not a compacted source (which still needs
additional space to compile) but instead a binary distribution.
Depending on the OS you're using, you might be able to find
pre-compiled binaries which would take much less space.

HTH

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 22:03:48 +0900, Yui Hiroaki
<yui(at)mariana(dot)u-aizu(dot)ac(dot)jp> wrote:
> Hi!
> I would like to install PostgreSQL. But my pc does not have much space.
> So I would like to make compact PostgreSQL. Does anyone know how to make
> compact PostgreSQL? For example, to make comment out source code and
> compile.
>
> Regards,
> Yui

Shahbaz Javeed