Re: corrupted table postgresql 8.3

From: Matteo Sgalaberni <sgala(at)sgala(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: corrupted table postgresql 8.3
Date: 2012-03-07 18:22:43
Lists: pgsql-general

----- Original Message -----
> I mostly agree, but it's possible you got hit by a fixed bug.
I'm lucky ;)

someone know how I can correct the catalog and drop the old/renamed table?

Or probably is simpler:
- pg_dump database
- DROP database
- CREATE DATABASE
- psql database < dump

Or do I need to destroy and init the whole pg cluster?

I would like to be pretty sure of what can happen so I can plan the maintenance window...

Thanks for any hint!

Matteo