Does anyone have a script to monitor if FSM settings are sufficient?

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Does anyone have a script to monitor if FSM settings are sufficient?
Date: 2005-01-30 01:50:02
Lists: pgsql-admin

I may be implementing a database at a customer's site that would
ideally run administration free for a year or so -- or at least
be able to have scripts detect proactively if they'd need to call
us for support before the system starts behaving poorly.

Is there a way to parse the output of "vacuum" to tell me
if my fsm settings aren't big enough to keep up, and or
indicate a need to vacuum more frequently?

Or am I better off looking at something else? Like perhaps
log_min_duration_statement and tell them to call us if
we see statements getting slow for any reason?