Installing postgres 8 using Remote Desktop Connection

From: "Rosny" <sehatrosny(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Installing postgres 8 using Remote Desktop Connection
Date: 2004-12-20 20:24:17
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Any body has successfully installing postgres 8 using Remote Desktop
Connection for windows 2003 server web edition?
I am keep getting rdp session instead of console. Even using command : mstsc
/v:servername /console.
with this command I can see several others rdp sessions. which means I might
be in console it self

issues faces:
1. Must use console mode for remote desktop connection
(Unable to install PostgreSQL 8 Beta5 trough the Remote Desktop Connection)
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.db.postgresql.devel.win32/2135

2. guideline in using console mode for remote desktop connection
http://info-x.co.uk/docview.asp?id=107
http://headblender.com/joe/blog/archives/geekness/001166.html

Thanks,
Rosny