Re: returning multiple values and ref cursors

From: "Dennis" <pg-user(at)calico-consulting(dot)com>
To: "postgres SQL" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: returning multiple values and ref cursors
Date: 2004-05-04 15:28:48
Lists: pgsql-sql

Dennis writes:

> What are your thoughts on the best way to approach this? Break up the
> stored proc into ten different stored procs that return ref cursors?

I guess another question here is whether I can return a row type or record
type with (integer, varchar, refcursor) and then make use of the refcursor
from JDBC. I'm not the one doing the Java development on this project and
its been a while since I've used JDBC.

Tom, Bruce, I still owe you guys a test program that gives the error where
it looks like the temp schema for the connection is getting destroyed before
the connection is closed.

Dennis