Re: Superuser lost access to particular database

From: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Superuser lost access to particular database
Date: 2006-09-12 04:55:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane writes:

> Francisco Reyes <lists(at)stringsutils(dot)com> writes:
>> I have one database owned by "user1" which as of 4 days ago the superuser,
>> pgsql, can't see any tables.

After furhter researching found that I could not see the tables because I
have them in diferent schemas.. and the superuser didn't have them in the
path.

However the pg_dumpall is still freezing in that database.

> Transaction ID wraparound ... I take it this is not PG 8.1?

8.1.3 Compiled from ports in FreeBSD 6.1 Stable.
select version();
version
----
PostgreSQL 8.1.3 on i386-portbld-freebsd6.0, compiled by GCC cc (GCC) 3.4.4
[FreeBSD] 20050518

> As long as it's at least 7.4, vacuuming the system catalogs should help.

vacuum the database in question?
>From that database tried vacuum, vacuum analyze and vacuum full. Tried both
as superuser and as the user that owns the database.

Also tried running:
vacuumdb -azv

So the problem is only doing the backup. I am able to see the tables by
doing \d <shema>.*

The database in question is fairly small so if I could somehow dow a backup
I could drop it and reload it.

Trying to pg_dump as superuser or as the database owner, freezes.