Re: Beta5 now Available

From: Gaetano Mendola <mendola(at)bigfoot(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta5 now Available
Date: 2004-11-26 00:05:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>
>> ...so the very first client is the real server
>> that must be run 24/24.
>>
> I don't think this is correct. You need a tracker for downloaders to be
> able to find each other but no client is more important than the others.

I'm sorry to say that you're wrong. A tracker without a client running on
a complete file is completelly useless. The tracker even doesn't know
what you are "sharing".
If you want publish your files you have to start a tracker and a client
on each content to distribute. The client that you run on the complete
content will tell you: "Downloaded" and will stay there waiting for other
client connections.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola