Re: PostGreSQL to Access Updatable recordset

From: "Sim Zacks" <sim(at)nospam(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostGreSQL to Access Updatable recordset
Date: 2004-11-14 06:53:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On second thought, I am now confused. The data is updatable when using
linked tables, just not when using ADO recordsets connected to forms. I
tried connected to PostGreSQL using DAO, and I got the recordset back, but
it was also non-updatable.

For the time being I am using Linked Tables, even though it is much slower
to open the forms using that methodology.

--
Sim Zacks
IT Manager

"Sim Zacks" <sim(at)nospam(dot)com> wrote in message
> hat pretty much solves my problem. Also I found that Access doesn'r
support
> ODBC updateable cursors until at least Access 2002 (we're using Access
> 2000), though I thought I had figured out how to get around that and it
> didn't work.
> I assumed the ODBC driver did support updateable cursors simply because
> there is an option in the driver settings called "Updateable cursor"
>
> Thank you for your clarification.
> Sim Zacks
> IT Manager
> Compulab
> to email me use: sim "the at sign" compulab "the dot" co "the dot" il
>

> "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl> wrote in message
> > On Tue, Nov 09, 2004 at 01:53:18PM +0200, Sim Zacks wrote:
> > > I have a postgresql backend with an access front end and I am trying
> > > redefine the recordset of the form to use an ADO recordset. The
problem
> is
> > > that the CursorType always changes to AdOpenStatic, even if I choose
> > > adOpenDynamic. If anyone has any thoughts, please let me know. The
form
> > > works great for viewing, but I cannot update or insert any new
records.

> > Postgres does not support updatable cursors yet. Maybe that's why the
ADO