Re: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS

From: William Yu <wyu(at)talisys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DROP TABLE IF EXISTS
Date: 2004-10-26 02:32:44
Lists: pgsql-novice

That's a new one to me. I use perl/DBI also and my scripts just ignore
errors w/o any error trapping. Maybe my defaults are set to ignore
errors. I only trap errors when I there's a possibility of catastrophic
failure. (Example, DB is down -- SELECT * FROM zzz returns an error so
the row count is 0 -- page looks normal except there's no content versus
some generic apache error message.)