Trigger question

From: Daniel Schuchardt <daniel_schuchardt(at)web(dot)de>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Trigger question
Date: 2004-08-26 10:03:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi list,

i'm a bit confused. I have a table with a trigger after insert. It is
possible that this trigger will do inserts in the same table, but is the
after insert trigger fired again in this case? (I would need this)

e.g.

USER INSERT

BEFORE TRIGGER
AFTER TRIGGER

->DECIDES TO INSERT X ROWS IN THE SAME TABLE

->BEFORE TRIGGER (this one is fired for each row the after trigger inserts)

->AFTER TRIGGER AGAIN???? FOR EACH ROW THE AFTER TRIGGER INSERTED

thnx a lot.
Daniel