/contrib binaries for win32

From: "Tom Hebbron" <news_user(at)hebbron(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: /contrib binaries for win32
Date: 2004-08-13 05:37:40
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi group,

I've installed the win32 binary version of the 8.0beta1 using the
PGInstaller (http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pginstaller).
I've also downloaded the source to compile on our linux boxes and that is
fine. The problem I've got now is building binaries of the contrib folder
for win32 - specifically the fuzzystrmatch and tsearch2 bits - but I'm sure
the rest would be useful.

I've installed MinGW and had a bash at compiling in windows (XP Pro) but
get:

C:\Documents and Settings\Tom\Desktop\postgresql-8.0.0beta1>sh ./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking host system type... i686-pc-mingw32
checking which template to use... win32
checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot create executables

C:\Documents and Settings\Tom\Desktop\postgresql-8.0.0beta1>

So - can anyone provide a walk-though to building on win32 (including which
bits of MinGW atc to download & install, any gotchas etc) or shorter term a
set of the binary dlls from a successful build of the contrib folder which I
can drop into the PGInstaller version?

Thanks in advance, and thanks to all who contributed to the 8.0.0 release -
I'm looking forward to using it in anger :-)

--
Tom Hebbron
www.hebbron.com