foreign join error "variable not found in subplan target list"

From: Alexander Pyhalov <a(dot)pyhalov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: foreign join error "variable not found in subplan target list"
Date: 2022-08-08 15:26:44
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi.

Using the following patch I'm able to get
"ERROR: variable not found in subplan target list"
on foreign join pushdown for update returning.
It seems that we generate Result node which has 7 vars in targetlist
over Sort plan node, which has only 6 vars in targetlist.

So far not sure what causes this.

--
Best regards,
Alexander Pyhalov,