Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Thread-unsafe coding in ecpg
Date: 2019-01-22 03:00:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 1/21/19 3:25 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> "Joshua D. Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com> writes:
>> On 1/21/19 12:05 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>>> Is there a newer version of mingw that does have this functionality?
>> Apparently this can be done with thee 64bit version:
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/33647271/how-to-use-configthreadlocale-in-mingw
> Hmm, the followup question makes it sound like it still didn't work :-(.
>
> However, since the mingw build is autoconf-based, seems like we can
> install a configure check instead of guessing. Will make it so.
>
> Task for somebody else: run a MinGW64 buildfarm member.

I could set that up in just about two shakes of a lamb's tail - I have a
script to do so all tested on vagrant/aws within the last few months.

What I don't have is resources. My Windows resources are pretty much
tapped out. I would need either some modest hardware or a Windows VM
somewhere in the cloud - could be anywhere but I'm most at home on AWS.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan https://www.2ndQuadrant.com