Re: again...

From: "Ati Rosselet" <ati(dot)rosselet(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: again...
Date: 2008-10-25 16:35:33
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

I wish... no such luck. No virus scanner on the back end (nothing gets on
the server except the database :))

It seems to be a race condition where the old file is closed before the new
file is opened, and the logging attempt fails right at that time. The new
file is created just fine, and from then, until the next 10MB checkpoint,
all is fine. The reason I'm guessing this, is that it doesn't occur at each
file rollover, just sometimes.. indicating (to me at least) that its a
timing problem... I tried to get the code and figure out what its doing..
but.. well... um..not really able to figure it out :(