Re: Recovering database after disk crash

From: "Vic Simkus" <vic(dot)simkus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Recovering database after disk crash
Date: 2008-05-13 00:17:22
Lists: pgsql-general

If I'm understanding the errors correctly it seems that the corruption
is in the system catalogs (metadata). The database does not use any
fancy datatypes. Is there any way for me to rebuild the metadata
manually? If I can see the leftover metadata and the data minus the
missing metadata I can probably piece everything together enough to
get the data out.

Does that make sense or am I off my rocker?

--
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from
religious conviction.

-Blaise Pascal