Re: how to get latest pgadmin for kubuntu

From: "Vic Simkus" <vic(dot)simkus(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Andrus <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how to get latest pgadmin for kubuntu
Date: 2006-09-08 20:14:16
Lists: pgadmin-support

Building pgadmin really is as simple as "./configure ; make ; make install",
but you will need to install a couple of development packagers. Namely '
wx2.6-headers' and 'libpq-dev'. I don't remember if wxWindows is part of
the default Ubunto distro, but if it's not you'll also need 'libwxgtk2.6-0'.
All of these are available via the Synaptic package manager.

On 9/8/06, Andrus <eetasoft(at)online(dot)ee> wrote:

> >>I installed pgadmin using kubuntu package manager.
> >>This installs pgadmin 1.2.2
> >>How to install latest pgadmin in kubuntu ?
>

> >I ended up having to compile it from source as the pre-compiled packages
> >are a bit >behind the times. It's really not that hard as Ubuntu comes
> >with almost all the >prerequisites. You might have to install the dev
> >versions of pg stuff and wxWindows.
>
> Can you create a .deb package for install ?
> or Is there some step by step installations for doing this in kubuntu ?
>
> Andrus.

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin