Re: psql \copy hanging

From: "Arnaud L(dot)" <arnaud(dot)listes(at)codata(dot)eu>
To: Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>
Cc: Adrian Klaver <adrian(dot)klaver(at)aklaver(dot)com>, pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql \copy hanging
Date: 2019-10-08 11:12:21
Lists: pgsql-general

Le 08/10/2019 à 12:55, Daniel Verite a écrit :
> Arnaud L. wrote:
>
>> As a side note, COPY (...) TO STDOUT \g 'somefile' does not work in a
>> script file (i.e. it does not work if the command is passed in a file
>> via the -f argument).
>> The command runs fine, no error is raised either by the client or the
>> server, but no file is written.
>
> Testing this with 11.5, it works for me.
> Make sure you're running the latest minor release (on the client
> side in this case), because a related fix was issued last February.
> For the 11 branch it was in version 11.2.

I'm on 11.5-1 on the client side, but I had added an output redirection
for this batch file to try to understand what was happening during the
night runs, and that might be the reason why \g fails (i.e. some
interference between the console redirections).
I'll give it another try without these redirections.

Regards
--
Arnaud