Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on windows

From: "Sarah Tanembaum" <sarahtanembaum(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PgSQL not as Administrator - probs on windows
Date: 2004-07-08 16:28:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Having able to run an apps server as a regular user has its advantage. For
one, it it is messed up, only that user(and other filesystems where that
particular user has read-write access) is affected.

It kind of scarry running opensource apps on root or administrator
priviledge where there are no other means to control its behaviour since
root/administrator has full access of he whole systems or enterprise.

Just my 2 cents.