Re: scheduler in core

From: Lucas <lucas75(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: scheduler in core
Date: 2010-02-20 23:55:56
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom,

I believe that "in core" may be "installed by default" in case of the
pgAgent or similar solution...

Many big companies does not allow the developers to configure and install
components.... we need to request everthing in 10 copies of forms...

By making it "in core" or "installed by default" means that we have more
chance that the db scheduler would be widely accepted...

And more important... we would not have to check its availability on the
setup and provide an alternate scheduler if the database scheduler is off...

I believe that a database scheduler would allow me to drop 20 thousand lines
of java code in my server...