Re: [pgeu-general] pgday.eu

From: Peter Hunsberger <peter(dot)hunsberger(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [pgeu-general] pgday.eu
Date: 2009-11-12 22:51:15
Lists: pgeu-general pgsql-general

On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:26 PM, Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at> wrote:

>> I had no idea that European beer was uhmm, twice as strong as US
>> counterparts. I knew I was in trouble when people (Dave Page) poured
>> Scotch into my water. It was time to go before I got into a LOT of
>> trouble :P
>>
>> Joshua D. Drake
>>

> btw, the "normal" beer is twice as strong as the US one (around 5.4% here
> usually).
> you can also get "bock bier" (as we call it in austria), however.
> it is in the area of 12% :).
> THIS is beer *g*. you need just the fingers of one hand to count if you had
> more than enough *g*.

Not that I'd want to discourage anyone sending beer to anyone, but...
Though perhaps well outside the mainstream US beer drinkers normal
experience there are a good variety of barley wines, Trappist type
ales, bocks and doppelbocks available in the US. The whole category of
high test beer is a fav of mine, and I'd agree you shouldn't need more
than a couple of fingers to know when you've had enough. Personally,
I'd say it's more like:

select limit from beer where type in ( 'Barley wine', 'Trappist',
'Bock', 'Doppelbock' )

limit
------
1