Re: dropped columns and ms access

From: "David P(dot) Lurie" <dbase4(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: dropped columns and ms access
Date: 2004-06-26 13:24:42
Lists: pgsql-odbc

I'm currently using MDAC 2.7, and the ODBC driver is "Postgresql"
7.03.02.00.

The same error now occurs intermittently without having made any changes to
the backend, still only with tables that have had columns deleted at some
point. The last episode still persisted after relinking, but cleared after
closing, then reopening Access.

7.03.02.09 was in the snapshot folder on the postgresql ftp site. Will try
changing the ODBC driver as the next step.

Thanks for your assistance.

"Philippe Lang" <philippe(dot)lang(at)attiksystem(dot)ch> wrote in message
Hello,

I have tested what you mention, and I have no problem with deleted columns,
after refreshing the linked tables in MS Access. (2000) They just disappear,
if I manually refresh the links with the tools menu, or if i do it
programmatically with the code I gave you in my previous mail.

I use the ODBC driver version 7.03.02.09 and 7.03.02.08, they both work
fine. I use the "Postgresql" driver, not the Legacy or Unicode one. Be
careful with driver 7.03.02.00, I had some weird problems with it. And
pardon me if I'm wrong, but I think it's the version that the latest
installer uses. I had to write a small installer that replaces the dll with
the latest one.

Have you tried installing the latest MDAC from Microsoft? I personnally
installed the version 2.8 on all the clients, from NT4 to XP. With this
config, everything runs really fine.

Philippe