plperl booleans

From: Kevin Field <kevinjamesfield(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: plperl booleans
Date: 2009-05-28 14:56:29
Lists: pgsql-general

When I use spi_prepare and spi_exec_prepared on a query that selects a
boolean value, it comes back as the text 't' or 'f', which in perl
both evaluate to true, so I have to either use perl to solve that or
cast to integer in the query, both of which options seem less than
elegant. Is this a bug or is it by design?