Re: pgAdmin ver 1.10 freezing all too frequently

From: Michael Shapiro <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Eugene Lisitsky <lisitsky(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pedro Doria Meunier <pdoria(at)netmadeira(dot)com>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgAdmin ver 1.10 freezing all too frequently
Date: 2009-11-12 03:21:33
Lists: pgadmin-support

I checked the server logs and found messages like this:

2009-11-11 15:08:36 PSTLOG: could not receive data from client: Connection
reset by peer
2009-11-11 16:18:11 PSTLOG: could not receive data from client: Connection
timed out

I do not know if this means that the server did the disconnect or the
network did it (I suspect the network).
This seems to imply that we are at the mercy of either the network admins or
the server admins. In either case, it is problematic since a lost connection
is not handled well in PgAdmin.