Re: Error editing table WITH primary key

From: "Michael Shapiro" <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: "Terry Yapt" <terryapt(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Thornton, Susan M(dot) (LARC-B702)[NCI INFORMATION SYSTEMS]" <Susan(dot)M(dot)Thornton(at)nasa(dot)gov>, rod(at)iol(dot)ie, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error editing table WITH primary key
Date: 2009-01-18 17:06:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

One thing to consider (at least in my experience) is that if a table is
altered outside PgAdmins interfaces, PgAdmin does not notice the changes
until you refresh the object within PgAdmin. If you added the primary key
outside PgAdmin while PgAdmin had already obtained the ddl, it would not see
the primary key until you did a refresh. Is it possible that this was the
case?