CONTEXT messages for raise EXCEPTION

From: "Michael Shapiro" <mshapiro51(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org(dot)
Subject: CONTEXT messages for raise EXCEPTION
Date: 2008-02-13 17:27:16
Lists: pgsql-admin

I am getting a lot of CONTEXT information along with the message when an
EXCEPTION is raised. Does anyone know what controls whether EXCEPTIONS add
the CONTEXT or not? This problem appeared recently in our server - 8.1.9/linux
- but none as far as we can tell we have not changed the configuration.
Obviously something did change, but we don't know where to look. Any help
would be appreciated.

Here is a sample error message with the CONTEXT

DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR: INSERT BEFORE jobs
CONTEXT: SQL statement "insert into jobs (account_id, resource_id,
system_account_id, local_jobid, local_charge, submit_time, start_time,
end_time, wallduration, jobname, nodecount, processors, queue, grid_job_id)
values ( $1 , $2 , $3 , $4 , $5 , $6 , $7 , $8 , $9 , $10 , $11 ,
$12 , $13 , $14 )"

NOTE: We are using Perl's DBI (which may or not be the cause).