Re: Cast jsonb to numeric, int, float, bool

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Aleksander Alekseev <a(dot)alekseev(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, David Steele <david(at)pgmasters(dot)net>
Cc: Nikita Glukhov <n(dot)gluhov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Darafei Praliaskouski <me(at)komzpa(dot)net>, Anastasia Lubennikova <a(dot)lubennikova(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Cast jsonb to numeric, int, float, bool
Date: 2018-03-27 15:09:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi!

I took a look on patch and it seems to me it looks both incomplete and
oveflowing. It suggests cast from numeric and bool, but for numeric it suggests
only numeric, int4 and int8. This choice looks irrational.

I think, it should support from/to numeric/bool/text only. If we want to have
casts to from numeric to other numeric types then it should be full set (int2,
int4, int8, float4, float8).

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/