pgadmin 4 feature behavior change requests

From: Alex Williams <valenceshell(at)protonmail(dot)com>
To: "pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgadmin 4 feature behavior change requests
Date: 2019-06-26 17:09:29
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

1. Get rid of the div overlay on query execution.
There have been many times when I'm running a query and either the connection is broken and it takes more than a few minutes for the app to detect that and stop, and most times, the Stop button does not work and I need to rerun the query again, but have to wait until the div overlay goes away...my "trick" is to save the query which sometimes works where the app gives the broken connection message, but sometimes it doesn't work -- what would be helpful if that there was no div overlay so I can copy/paste the query into a new session/tab. Can you just disable the execute query button and have status bar somewhere stating the query is running without the overlay? It makes for a pretty design, but in real life / workflow wise, it's not good.

2. Have a sql query check button (unless I'm mistaken, I don't see it) where it will check if your sql syntax is correct, but wont execute it.

3. At least on CentOS pgadmin 4.8, if I right click my query to copy it, instead of the copy option, I just get panel options. Can we please have copy/cut there too?

4. When right clicking a table and choosing View/Edit data/select top 100 from it, does the query need to be read only / greyed out? Why not be able to do it for convenience and then have the ability to change the query?

Thanks!

Alex