Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command from recovery.conf or command line

From: Alexey Kondratov <a(dot)kondratov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Dmitry Dolgov <9erthalion6(at)gmail(dot)com>, Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, vladimirlesk(at)yandex-team(dot)ru, dsarafan(at)yandex-team(dot)ru
Subject: Re: [Patch] pg_rewind: options to use restore_command from recovery.conf or command line
Date: 2019-02-20 12:06:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

> I will work out this one with postgres -C and come back till the next
> commitfest. I found that something similar is already used in pg_ctl
> and there is a mechanism for finding valid executables in exec.c. So
> it does not seem to be a big deal at the first sight.

I have reworked the patch, please find new version attached. It is 3
times as smaller than the previous one and now touches pg_rewind's code
only. Tests are also slightly refactored in order to remove duplicated
code. Execution of postgres -C is used for restore_command retrieval (if
-r is passed) as being suggested. Otherwise everything works as before.

Andres, Alvaro does it make sense now?

Regards

--
Alexey Kondratov

Postgres Professional https://www.postgrespro.com
Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
v4-0001-pg_rewind-options-to-use-restore_command.patch text/x-patch 19.7 KB