Re: pgcrypto support for bcrypt $2b$ hashes

From: Andreas Karlsson <andreas(at)proxel(dot)se>
To: Daniel Fone <daniel(at)fone(dot)net(dot)nz>, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgcrypto support for bcrypt $2b$ hashes
Date: 2021-09-30 11:17:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 9/28/21 11:58 PM, Daniel Fone wrote:
>> On 29/09/2021, at 2:33 AM, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se> wrote:
>> I don't see why not, the best first patches are those scratching an itch. If
>> you feel up for it then give it a go, I - and the rest of pgsql-hackers - can
>> help if you need to bounce ideas.
>
> I’m glad you said that. I couldn’t resist trying and have attached a patch. By referencing the respective git logs, I didn’t have too much difficulty identifying the material changes in each codebase. I’ve documented all the postgres-specific changes to upstream in the header comment for each file.

I took a quick look and on a cursory glance it looks good but I got
these compilation warnings.

crypt-blowfish.c: In function ‘BF_crypt’:
crypt-blowfish.c:789:3: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and
code [-Wdeclaration-after-statement]
789 | int done;
| ^~~
crypt-blowfish.c: In function ‘_crypt_blowfish_rn’:
crypt-blowfish.c:897:8: warning: variable ‘save_errno’ set but not used
[-Wunused-but-set-variable]
897 | int save_errno,

Andreas