Processing Delay

From: "Michael Lawson (mshindo)" <michael(at)sphinix(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Processing Delay
Date: 2009-11-25 00:38:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

We have a problem with a relatively small database at the moment that is
resulting in delays times between insertions and retrievals. An update is
applied to a single entry in a table and almost straight after that the same
record is read.

The problem we are encountering is a delay before we can read the updated
value. This delay can be up to 15 seconds in some cases.

We are inserting and retrieving data using JDBC, and the database in its
current state is relatively small. What can we do to tweak this and reduce
the apparent update time.

Regards

--
Michael Lawson (mshindo)