Limit on updates made in a transaction

From: kent(at)cpttm(dot)org(dot)mo (Kent Tong)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Limit on updates made in a transaction
Date: 2002-07-27 03:25:49
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Is there is any limit on the number of updates made to a
postgreSQL database in a single transaction? If yes, how
can we get around this problem? For example, we need to
update a field of many existing rows in a table triggered
by the addition of a new row. If anything fails in the
update process, we'd like to undone everything (including
the addition of the new row).

Thanks in advance for any info!