Network access.

From: "Raj aryan" <raj145(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Network access.
Date: 2006-11-01 09:44:02
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

I have installed PostGreSql on my machine. Then I changed "postgresql.conf"
file to allow database access over a network.

I modified #listen_addresses from localhost to *

#listen_addresses = '*' # what IP interface(s) to listen on;

# defaults to localhost, '*'
= any

port = 5432

Still my database is not accessible on a network.

I m using PgSqlClient ADO.NET compliant driver.

The application is working fine locally. I m able to connect to database
but over a network it fails.

Do I need to do modify any other configuration settings?

I have also changed in the pg_hba.conf file as

# TYPE DATABASE USER IP-ADDRESS METHOD
local
all all trust

This are the default one in the pg_nba.conf file.
# IPv4-style local connections:
host all all 127.0.0.1
Md5
# IPv6-style local connections:
host all all ::1/128 Md5

Please let me know if there are any other configuration changes.

I am using this on Windows 2000 Professional.

Thanks

Raj.