Any examples of companies using PG in high volume and/or large scale environs...

From: David B <davidb999(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Any examples of companies using PG in high volume and/or large scale environs...
Date: 2005-03-23 22:07:03
Lists: pgsql-admin

I've been looking for examples of high volume (in terms of throughput)
and large scale (500GB-terabtype+) examples of Postgres
impllmenetations.

I keep seeing the same few examples (BASF, Los Alamos Labs, Futijsu
and .info administrator). Impossible to tell anything from the names.
.info administrator might be dealing with 100 transactions per
hour...or per second. Not seen anything on that. And a few hundred
.info records may add up to less than 1GB.

I've seen nothing showing real world numbers in terms of hourly/daily
transactions activity and nothing showing how large the databases
really are.

From experience I've come to seek clarification of the meaning of
statements such as "we have a hugh database". One persons hugh is 1GB
while another's is 100GB while another's is 1TB+. And as one who has
dealt with TB+ in Oracle the issues are way different.

Can any of you suggest some companies I can point to as I try to
convince my company to move to it. We will be storing 100's GB of
data.

tia
David