ssl connection and webstart

From: "Michael Andreasen" <michael(at)dunlops(dot)com>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: ssl connection and webstart
Date: 2007-11-28 14:50:53
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I have a postgresql database up and running will ssl support in, this works
fine.

I have a certificate that I have added via the command line to my jvm. once
this is added my applications connects via ssl to my database perfectly.

However, what i really want to do is to deploy my application via webstart.
In order to do this i would have though that the certificate needs to be
added to the clients pc via the certificate manager which is part of the
Java Plug/Webstart tool that exists in the control panel. I have tried
repeated times to add the certificate this way, and although it seems to
import fine, the application always fails and reports the same error as if
there was no certificate. If I then manually add the cert to the vm using
the command line tools it works!!!

How can I add the cert via webstart so a "user" can do this?

Anyone else tried ssl and webstart?